Extracurriculars

 Hello everyone, this post has a slightly different theme than the others I have been doing. This time, I am going to talk about my extracurriculars and what I do to maximize them. Hope you enjoy!

Soccer: I play both school and club soccer. As you know from my previous posts, I am on the second ECNL National Team at NCFC and I attend Durham Academy. For my club soccer team, I have been to ECNL Nationals twice; I have also won Player of the Year for the regional league. Lastly, I have been to New York with the Academy Team to play against NYRB Academy, PDA, and NYFC Academy. For school soccer, I was on JV as an 8th grader and made Varsity since freshman year. In sophomore year, I got second-team all TISAC. I have 8 goals, and 6 assists in my career, including a goal in the State Playoffs.

Debate: I also do debate at Durham Academy. The event I do is Public Forum. I have been on the debate team since freshman year. For my achievements, I have the Honor Badge for my merit points, which is going to improve. Also, I have been in Student Leadership for both years concerning debate. I have worked at a tournament that DA hosted, putting in 33 hours of volunteer work. I have also coached some Middle Schoolers in PF.

Science Olympiad: I have been doing Scioly since freshman year. In sophomore year, I was moved up to Varsity and have been on Leadership since Sophomore Year as well. I attended regionals last year and got 1st, 2nd, and 4th in my events respectively. 

Clubs: I do a variety of clubs at my school, and some of my impacts are teaching Elementary Schoolers about a variety of sciences, putting in 11 hours of volunteer work for ACEing Autism, and getting invited to SALT, which is an invite-only club that teachers underclassmen athletes leadership skills. 

Competitions: I have taken the AMC 8, AMC 10, and AMC 12, as well as the Geobee. I won the Geobee for my school and was also the top scorer for the AMC 8 in middle school. For the AMC 10, I got Honor Roll (Top 5% scorers) and an AIME bid for freshmen year, haven't gotten results back for sophomore year. I am planning on taking the F=ma exam this year since I am taking AP Physics, as well as the Chem Olympiad exam just to get a feel for it.

AP's: This is not really EC's, but I am planning to take around 12 AP's in high school. I took 2 already in freshman year: BC Calculus and AP Statistics, both were 5's. I am planning to take AP US History, AP CS A, and AP Physics Mechanics this year. 

Test Scores: I am planning to take the ACT. My first ACT this year wasn't so hot; I got a 34. I am planning in taking it twice more sophomore year in hopes of a good score or a 36 superscore. 

Volunteer Stuff: I got the presidential gold award for volunteer hours, which is 100 hours or more in a summer. I also get volunteer hours from schoolhouse tutoring; I have about 16 hours on there tutoring kids in a variety of topics.


As always, thanks for reading, and I hope you have a great day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great vs GOAT

Messi vs Ronaldo